The key to grow and thrive in your career is a continuous thirst for knowledge. It may seem like you can stop learning new things once you have completed your undergraduate degree or further studies. However, learning should never stop. To be relevant and up-to-date with the latest happenings in the market, you need to keep learning new skills. One of the best ways to do that is by pursuing certificate courses online.
There are various benefits of pursuing certificate courses, including Competitive advantage – With online certifications, professionals can be set apart from their competitors. Having an online certification shows that you are committed to learning new skills and excelling in your career. Hence, you have an advantage over your competitors and you can stay relevant in the market. Before a trending tool or technology becomes a household name, learn how to use it and stay on top.
Getting a job – Employers look for professionals who have a degree, work experience as well as certifications in their area of expertise. Hence, nowadays, it isn’t enough to have just a degree or some work experience. Having additional certifications is a must and it also gives professionals an edge over their peers. Your chances of getting a job also increase if you have pursued certificate courses.
Stay relevant – To truly succeed in your career, staying relevant by learning new skills is necessary. You should learn all the latest tools, technologies, and skills that impact your profession to stay current. This makes you an asset for your employer or your business if you are a self-employed professional.
Earn more money – Certifications demonstrate your commitment to your career and profession and also show that you are willing to invest in your career. Employers are more likely to invest in professionals who are certified as compared to those who aren’t. Hence, your salary can get increased by acquiring certain certifications.
Here are some skills that professionals can acquire, based on their profession –
- Cybersecurity – With the rise in cyber attacks, it has become a necessity to protect enterprise data and infrastructure. Cybersecurity has become a necessity in every domain from corporate organizations to the military to government organizations. For this, the demand for cybersecurity professionals is high. If you are a cybersecurity professional currently working or looking for a job, you can pursue cybersecurity certifications to enhance your resume and stand out to employers. Professionals with cybersecurity certifications can earn around $75,000 in an entry-level position. You don’t need to go back to school and pursue a degree to become a cybersecurity professional. Having some experience and pursuing certifications can get you started in this dynamic field.
- Data Science and Analytics – Data science and analytics are crucial to organizations in today’s world. By analyzing data, companies can figure out what is performing well and what isn’t. Accordingly, they can set up future goals and campaigns. If you are an IT professional, looking to enter the data analytics field, pursuing a data science and analytics certification would be greatly beneficial. You can learn the skills and knowledge required to succeed as a data professional. The demand for data analytics professionals is extremely high, however, there is a shortage of right candidates. Hence, it is the best time to enter this field for certified professionals. With a data science and analytics certificate, you can also expect to earn a high annual salary. Also, there aren’t any prerequisites for taking a data analytics certificate course. Almost any professional can pursue it.
- Digital Marketing – The growth of digital marketing over the years has been astounding. More and more customers, as well as businesses, have shifted to digital platforms. The demand for digital marketing professionals is extremely high but there aren’t as many professionals to fill the jobs. Hence, the chances of certified digital marketing professionals being hired are also high. Also, there is an abundance of opportunities in this field, be it a small company or a big organization. With digital marketing courses and certificates, you can learn the latest skills and technologies in the market. It is the best way to kickstart your digital marketing career. It will also showcase that you are committed to your career and ready to learn new things. Along with this, you can also build a strong social media presence to build your own brand.
- Cloud Computing – Cloud computing has become a necessity for businesses these days. Small as well as big companies are adopting cloud services and hence, there is a high demand for cloud computing professionals. Pursuing cloud computing certifications will set you apart from your colleagues and make you more attractive to potential employers. You can improve your worth with cloud computing certifications since these will showcase your expertise. Also, there are certifications for different roles such as solution architects, developers, and cloud architects. Hence, you can get additional flexibility by pursuing different cloud computing certifications, depending on the role that you want to work in. Another benefit of pursuing a cloud computing certification is that you can work in any organization or sector since the certificates aren’t industry-specific.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – Artificial intelligence and machine learning have become a part of our daily lives – from product recommendations at supermarkets to surge pricing at cabs to fraud detection, these technologies are everywhere and they’re about to stay. By 2030, the artificial intelligence market will contribute around $15.7 trillion to the world economy. If you are an artificial intelligence and machine learning professional or want to enter this field, starting with pursuing certificate courses is the right way. You can learn all the basics as well as advanced concepts and skills with the help of certificate courses. There is a tremendous opportunity for growth in this field for professionals, with the added benefit of getting better salaries, due to the shortage of AI and ML professionals.
These are some of the fields that you can pursue certificates in and learn new skills. Check out these free online courses that you can pursue to learn new skills, increase your knowledge and enhance your resume.