To build an efficient and visually-appealing website, you will need a competent online store builder. And, when it comes to choosing these, you will find Shopify rated highly by customers. It’s mostly because this platform has been designed considering the needs of first-time entrepreneurs and those interested in launching e-commerce sites.
Volusion is another top-rated online store builder that is packed with rich features and e-commerce solutions. Their easy-to-use interface and functionalities make setting up an online shop a breeze. The features are highly intuitive and include responsive themes, customized domains, a rich content editor, advanced search tools, navigation editor, and selling tools.
Shopify offers user-friendly features
Shopify Vs Volusion: Which Is Better?
Both Shopify and Volusion have earned the reputation of being trustworthy and robust e-commerce platforms. Yet, there remain quite a few differences between these two. While Shopify is better known for its advanced sales functionalities, Volusion is popular for its data tools and analytics.
So, if you had to choose between the two, you will need to consider many aspects, like the tools that each offers, customer insights, prices of plans, etc.
- Templates: You can benefit from a variety of professional-looking templates from both Shopify and Volusion. As far as free templates go, Volusion appears to offer more choices, but each Shopify template has multiple variations. So, Shopify effectively offers more choices. Even in the case of paid templates, more choices are offered by Shopify than Volusion.
- User-friendliness: Both Shopify and Volusion offer efficient selling tools, but the tools offered by Shopify are somewhat simpler to use, as research and tests have proved. The editing tools are much easier to use, and there is a clear undo button. Volusion in comparison incorporates more than what the user can handle. It’s too complex for some users, and it is perhaps they prefer Shopify.
- Sales features: Volusion is known for its robust analytics tools. Its search term analysis helps you understand what your users are looking for, and lets you customize your site accordingly. But, there is no blogging feature, and the customization process is quite complex. It is perfect for entrepreneurs who are not much bothered about the design and are keener on data analysis. Shopify, on the other hand, will let you enhance your website’s performance through multiple marketing and shipping apps. So, it is best suited for stores that are eager to scale up without much fuss.
- Design features: Both Shopify and Volusion have scored well in terms of design features because they understand that a cluttered site will drive away customers. It is why they offer clean and visually-appealing themes that are responsive and can adapt to any screen size. Shopify has a much wider range of themes that cater to all kinds of industries. Themes offered by Volusion may be costlier and cannot be controlled from smartphones, making them less flexible.
- Customer support: It is important to choose an online store builder that is backed by an efficient customer support team to answer all your queries. Besides the live chat feature and 24/7 phone and email supports, Shopify also offers a dedicated support agent as part of its Plus Level price plans. In comparison, you can expect to get only phone support from Volusion between 7 AM and 10 PM. You can, however, count on their direct phone contact services that are guaranteed to give you a more personal touch.
Volusion offers users a free 14-day trial
- Pricing plans: For any entrepreneur, the costs of an online store builder must be considered before making a decision. Both Shopify and Volusion provide multiple plans to suit various budgets. Upon researching, it has been found that Volusion plans are slightly costlier on average, though they offer excellent in-built features and allow a high degree of customization. Shopify seems to offer more affordable plans, but you may have to add third-party apps. Volusion provides 5 premium-priced plans in comparison to Shopify’s 3 premium plans. But, with Volusion, you need to buy the SSL certificate separately, and this can be a pocket pinch. So, in the end, Shopify’s plans seem to work out cheaper.
- Payment gateways: Both the store builders can integrate with multiple payment gateways, but Shopify offers more choices. The number of payment gateways that you can use with Volusion will vary from one continent to another. Both have out-of-the-box payment solutions, but Volusion Payments can only be used by merchants based in the US. Moreover, you need to pay monthly fees to use this service and also undergo a time-consuming application process. Approvals for Shopify Payments, by comparison, are instantaneous.
These arguments show why Shopify scores ahead of its able competitors like Volusion. Besides being feature-rich, it has a big app store and is easily adaptable for any entrepreneur looking to expand their site quickly.
Shopify offers handy backend features that allow easy site management